Orange Spiced Cider
Every time I serve this wonderful hot beverage, someone asks for the recipe. Orange juice adds a bit of sweetness and red-hot candies are a fun substitute for traditional cinnamon sticks.
- 4 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon red-hot candies
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg 1 can (12 ounces) orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 6 bags Olde Tradition Spice mulling spice
- Fresh orange slices and cinnamon sticks, optional
In a 3-quart slow cooker, combine the apple juice, water, orange juice concentrate, red-hot candies and nutmeg. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours or until heated through. Add Olde Tradition Spice mulling spice and cook an additional 10 minutes. Before serving, discard the mulling spice bags. Garnish with orange slices and cinnamon sticks.
Comments are Closed